Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A service dog named Forest melted the hearts of Disney enthusiasts worldwide when he fell asleep during a special encounter with the iconic Mickey Mouse at Disney World. This touching moment was captured by Forest’s owner, Ashton McGrady, and shared on social media, quickly gaining widespread attention and admiration.
Ashton McGrady, a 31-year-old resident of Nashville, Tennessee, embarked on a trip to Disney World with her four-year-old service dog, Forest. Forest plays a pivotal role in Ashton’s life, providing vital assistance due to her various medical conditions. Ashton suffers from a connective tissue disorder known as Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, a neurological condition called Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS), and an incomplete spinal cord injury. Additionally, Forest performs essential psychiatric and Autism-related tasks, making him an indispensable companion for Ashton.
These magical moments will never grow old ✨ #servicedog #servicedogsoftiktok #servicedogteam #servicedogatdisney #disneyparks #disneytiktok #distokfam #mnsshp #mickeymouse
♬ What Was I Made For (Piano) – T I H H
Disney World, known for its commitment to inclusivity, welcomes service animals in its parks, along with guests with disabilities. The park’s policy ensures that service animals must remain under the control of their owners at all times, either on a leash or in a harness. This allows guests like Ashton and Forest to fully enjoy their Disney experience while ensuring the safety and comfort of all visitors.
During their visit to Walt Disney World in Florida, Forest had the opportunity to meet several beloved Disney characters, including the one and only Mickey Mouse. Forest’s remarkable bond with Ashton was evident as he felt so at ease in the presence of Mickey that he dozed off during the encounter.
As Ashton McGrady explained, “Forest always loves interacting with Disney characters, and he works so hard at the parks. They are long days! It really is a reward for him to get to meet them. But Mickey will always have a special place in our hearts, of course.”
The heartwarming encounter between Forest and Mickey Mouse was captured on video and shared on social media platforms, including TikTok and Instagram under the handle @radiantlygolden. The video quickly went viral, amassing over 470,000 views and nearly 50,000 likes. It serves as a reminder of the profound bond between service animals and their owners, showcasing the incredible impact they have on the lives of individuals facing unique challenges.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
Animals Are My Favorite People by Tiny Rescue: Animal Collection
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!